Find a Long COVID Specialist in Southern California
It’s estimated that nearly 23 million people in the United States have symptoms of long-COVID. Even more alarming is that there are very few doctors trained to treat long-COVID. At Restoration Healthcare, we are a primary care clinic that specializes in difficult to treat illnesses like long-COVID, as well as myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), Epstein Barr, Lyme Disease, and exposure to mold and other toxins that can create havoc on one’s health and daily life.
While some doctors are learning as they go, our staff is trained to identify and treat the complexities of these conditions and their symptoms. Whether you are suffering from brain fog, headaches, sleep problems, dizziness, tingling, depression, sensory issues and parallel damage to the heart, gastrointestinal tract and gut-brain axis, we understand the complexity of long-COVID and overlapping conditions that may be contributing to the body’s reactions.
What You Need to Know About Long-COVID
We encourage you to learn more about long-COVID and contact a doctor trained in these types of conditions. The following is a summary of what we know and how we can help:
- The cause of long-COVID is not a lingering infection. Symptoms may be from another latent virus, such as Epstein Barr, or when you contracted the virus, your immune system failed to provide enough antibodies for an adequate immune response. Complex chronic conditions like ME/CFS and Epstein Barr require a multimodality approach and doctors who understand the complexity of these types of conditions.
- The severity of your infection may not indicate the severity of long-COVID symptoms, so don’t use that as a motivator for getting help. Any COVID infection can result in long-COVID.
- The virus can lead to significant depletions of vital antioxidants and micronutrients. For instance, you may have heard about vitamin D deficiencies and COVID, but did you know that as many as 60% of people infected with the virus could be deficient in glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant? Before you order a bunch of supplements online, the replacement of these nutrients is very specific and requires physicians who are trained in restoring nutrient depletions.
- Delaying treatment and thinking this will go away by itself complicates recovery. For instance, you may try to return to normal activities, like exercise, to feel better. But, conditions like long-COVID and ME/CFS can include post-external malaise (PEM). Physical and mental exertion can lead to major crashes and other life-altering symptoms.
- Lastly, there are a lot of scams out there trying to take advantage of this new medical dilemma. No matter what, no matter how desperate, do not fall for a miracle cure or fast fix. Treatment for long-COVID requires trained physicians who understand the path to recovery. This is not something you can take a medication for, or create your own plan based on Dr. Google. Recovery from long-COVID requires patience, expertise and partnership between patient and doctor.
NOTE: We currently only see patients in Southern California
Call Restoration Healthcare Today, 949-535-2322
See our Website for a New Patient Request Form
Restoration Healthcare is Southern California’s system’s based medical practice. By partnering with our patients to discover and treat root malfunctions that lead to chronic illness, we help people live long and healthy lives. Unlike other medical practices where turnkey solutions to complex symptoms are prescribed, our doctors’ protocols are handcrafted and personalized with you and your most up-to-date health-related data and objectives in mind. Contact us today at 949-535-2322 or request a new patient packet to discover your path to wellness.