Information for New Patients
Note: The New Patient Packet must be downloaded, competed and returned to our office before we'll schedule your first appointment!
- Download the New Patient Packet by right-clicking on the image to the left (below for mobile) and selecting "Save Link As.."
- Save the file in a private and secure location on your computer. When saving, please be sure to place your last name at the beginning of the file name (example: Smith_RH_NPP.pdf or Jones_RH_NPP.pdf)
- For best results, please use the latest version of Adobe Reader to open and work on the New Patient Packet. (Mac users: While it is possible to work on this file using the Preview program on your Mac, it is NOT advisable. Please use Adobe Reader instead!)
- Once you're ready, start to answer all questions presented in the document. Fill in all the banks starting with your name and date at the top of Page 1.
- Please Type all of your responses — DO NOT HANDWRITE your responses
- For multiple choice questions, please check the corresponding box that applies
- Don't forget to Save the file while doing your work.
- Once all questions are answered, save the file one last time, and then attach it to a new email message that is sent to: NewPatientPacket@RhealthC.com, and please put "New Patient Packet for (insert your last name here)" in the subject line of your email message, along with the following information in the body of the email message itself: "The attached New Patient Packet is from (insert your first and last name here). My phone number is (insert your phone number here). Please review my packet and then call me to schedule my first appointment.")
- Please note: You may receive an auto-reply email message from our office indicating that we have received your message. This message is a standard reply. Do not reply to that message. Someone from our office will call to schedule your first appointment!
Additional Information for New Patients
If you’ve landed on this page, that means one of two things: You’re either considering us as your healthcare provider or you’re getting ready for your first office visit. Regardless of what brought you here, there are four things we’d like you to know:
- We’re glad you’re here!
- We use data and facts to help create your treatment plan, which is why we need your help in completing the New Patient Packet.
- We actively partner with you to discover and help you overcome chronic conditions preventing you from a living a long and healthy life.
- For most cases, six months is the best amount of time for us to work together to get you back on track.
What to Expect During Your First Appointment
During your first appointment, our medical team — led by Restoration Healthcare's medical director, Dr. Sunny Raleigh, and our practice founder and president, Dr. Thomas Bakman — will review with you your responses to the questions posed throughout your completed New Patient Packet. We’ll also take time to review your health-related goals and objectives, and then spend time discussing tests and possible treatment options. Please allow 90 minutes for your first appointment and try to arrive 15-20 minutes early so you have plenty of time to park and get comfortable in our surroundings.
If you are a new or first-time Restoration Healthcare patient, you MUST download, complete and send back to our office your New Patient Packet before we will be able to schedule your first appointment. If you are unable to download and/or complete the New Patient Packet electronically, you may pick up a hardcopy of the Packet at our office, or we can mail you one. Please call our office to make arrangements: (949) 535-2322.